Ram Navami 2016 Festival Facts About Lord Rama:
Ram Navami is celebrated with lot of enthusiasm on the ninth day of Chaitra month on the birth of Lord Rama. Beginning with the auspicious Navratri, leads up to the birth celebration of Lord Rama. In the Hindu mythology, God Rama is worshiped with greatest respect. In Andhra Pradesh, Ram Navami is also marked as the marriage anniversary of Rama and goddess Sita. It is called Sitaram Kalyanam. We take a look at 15 things about Lord Rama and his life.
Here Is A Some Special Facts About Ram Navami 2016 Festival Facts About Lord Rama
1. Lord Rama was the seventh avatar of Lord Vishnu.
2. Rama is the oldest god to be worshiped in the human form.Treta Yuga.
3. Lord Rama was the eldest son born to King Dasharatha and Kausalya of Ayodhya.
4. Lord Rama was born in the It is believed Treta Yuga lasted 1,296,000 years back.
5. There were three avatars of Lord Vishnu in Treta Yuga – Vamana, Parashurama and Rama.
6. The name ‘Rama’ means living on ideal principles.
7. Lord Rama is called Maryada Purushottama; an epitome of the Perfect Man or Lord of Self-Control.
8. Lord Rama was Suryavamsa or Ikshvaku dynasty or Sun dynasty founded by Ikshvaku, son of Surya or Sun god.
9. Lord Rama belonged to Raghuvamsa dynasty and descendant of Raghu, one of the greatest emperors, who is believed to have never returned anyone empty-handed.
10. According to Vishnu Sahasranama, a list of thousand names of Lord Vishnu, Rama is the 394th name of Lord Vishnu.
11. In the epic of Lao, Phra Lak Phra Lam, it is believed that Gautam Buddha is an incarnation of Lord Rama.
12. Lord Shiva stated in Mahabharata, that uttering the name of Ram three times equals to pronouncing names of thousand gods.
13. Goddess Sita, consort of Lord Rama is an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi.
14. Very few would know that Lord Rama also had an elder sister, Shanta, daughter of Dasharatha and Kausalya
15. Lord Rama ruled over Ayodhya kingdom for eleven thousand years. This golden period was adjudged as Ram Rajya.